One of the best ways to get the most out of your membership with the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce is to take an active role in one of our committees. Below is a list of our committees, and a brief description of what each committee wishes to achieve. If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact our office.
To be eligible for a seat on a Chamber Committee you must be a Chamber member in good standing for at least three months and participate in various Chamber events.
John Leeper is the chair of the Education Committee.
This committee meets the first Thursday of the month at 9:00 a.m.
Mission: Creating a culture that supports and communicates quality educational opportunities in Shelby County.
- Extend Education Committee Meetings Into the Community
- Inform and promote educational opportunities across all levels P-16
- Expand committee membership to include minority and industry leaders
- Amplify relationships between Career and Technical Education, Shelby County Industrial Development Foundation and KYANA Works
- Shelby County Young Leaders
- K-12 Manufacturing Week
- Rotate Meeting Locations Quarterly
- Educators Retiree Celebration
- Celebrate Teachers of the Year
- Membership Challenge
- Connect Leadership Shelby and Young Leaders
- Job Fair for veterans
- Work Based Learning Support
- Webpage for families