Education Committee Meeting
Mission Statement: Identify and support educational opportunities and disseminate information to enhance commerce and economic opportunities in Shelby County.
- Scholarship Program: Promote career and technical education by awarding scholarships to high school and adult students pursuing higher education who intend to work in Shelby County.
- Young Leaders Institute: Work with select group of Shelby County 10th graders to interact with community leaders to develop skills necessary to become leaders of tomorrow.
- Work Ethic Certification: Certification program to develop, recognize and reward high school students that demonstrate strong work ethic.
- Work Ready Communities: Work collaboratively with schools, businesses and government to develop and sustain an educated and skilled labor pool for the community.
- Workforce Development Program: Identify training needs of business, industry, and agriculture and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Shelby County Training Consortium: Partner with Shelby County Industrial & Development Foundation and Shelby County Associated Industries to provide training to manufacturing partners through an educational consortium.
- Partners in Education: Provide business links to offer financial, professional and/or educational support for students and students? programs.
- Education Marketing: Promote Education Committee programs and the need for quality education to our community, students and parents through available media with an emphasis on the value of career and technical education.
- The Chamber
- Radio Spotlights
- Member Center